Day 014 - Fallon to no-mans land (Tonopah, NV)

Another day that started off with work and school. I'm generally up and working by 6. The kids sleep until 8 or 9. Today Maria slept until 10! I think we might be entering the teenage years. She did stay up a little later last night working on her book. I'm excited for her and this love of writing and reading that she is developing! We checked out of the hotel just before 11, which is the norm for us and then headed out to the middle of nowhere. There isn't a lot between Fallon and Tonopah... and there isn't a lot in Tonopah. Once upon a time in my college days I took a construction management class and we were discussing concrete. The professor talked about how in rural areas it is hard to pour concrete. If you get a concrete truck to deliver you have to make sure that the water to other stuff ratio is correct and that it will pass the slump (I think that's what they called it) test. If it doesn't pass the test then you can't use it. We stopped at Lake Walker for a few minutes. The beach there did not tell me that it wanted us to play on it. The mountains were cool. It made me think of bread dough... And God came along and stuck his fingers in to make the highs and lows... A little like focaccia bread. In Tonopah there is a Clown Motel. We did not stay there.

Comments

  1. Focaccia Mountains has a nice ring to it! Maybe you can name a road that someday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 009 - Camping in Crescent City

Day 012 - Redding to Reno

Day 015 - Toponah to Hurricane