Day 013 - Reno to Fallon

We checked out of the less than stellar hotel this morning. Like Maria said I have a bruise on my arm. The room had a towel hook on the back of the door at elbow level and I scraped and bruised my arm on it pretty bad. I'm sure it will hurt for a few days. We went into Walmart to pick up some things and then got the car washed. The car has needed a wash since we were in the Redwoods.... and the bugs were starting to add up. ew. We then did something that Maria has been wanting to do FOR-E-VER! Ax throwing. She LOVED it. She was also the best and hit the most bullseyes! She is looking forward to setting up a safe area at the 20 where she can throw axes, knifes, and practice her archery. Later in the afternoon we went to The Discovery. It's a hands-on museum/science center for kids. I LOVE places like this. It had stuff for kids of all ages. I think Maria loved the Mindbender room and the workshop the best, while Cooper's favorites were the DaVinci Lab and water area. When we went to places like this when my kids were younger we would move from one exibit to another as a group. Now my kids have different interests and are more independant. It was nice that Maria could work in the workshop while Cooper was in the DaVinci lab and I could go back and forth between both of them. Maria also likes to take her time, focus on one thing until she is done. Cooper is a bouncer, he wants to see and do everything and then come back and do all the things all over again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 009 - Camping in Crescent City

Day 012 - Redding to Reno

Day 015 - Toponah to Hurricane