Day 015 - Toponah to Hurricane

When we left the hotel this morning it was cold and windy and snowing. Not exactly what I expected. I thought it would be hot and dry, emphasis on the hot part. Today was probably the longest day of driving so far. At one junction there was an abandon building called Warm Spring. There was a creek that was steaming, it was kinda cool. Unbeknownst to me we traveled along the Extraterrestrial Highway right by Area 51. We stopped on the side of the road to get some lunch and took a couple of panoramic pictures. For some reason I thought Area 51 was over by Roswell, New Mexico. It wasn't until we reached another intersection where there was a place that advertized "Alien Jerky" that I wondered... but we didn't stop there. There isn't much of anything along that stretch of road.... Absolutely NO bathrooms and my firstborn had been holding it for over an hour. Maria liked being able to see the different layers in the mountains and the pink hills were cool. We made it to St. George and stopped to get some steaks for dinner. Tonight we are staying in a 'cabin' at a campground. The kids love it and would both love to live in something like this... if they could have their own rooms. This place has one bedroom. The internet isn't great, and in the cabin there isn't cell service. I'll have to wait to upload pictures later. I've been hit with my first headache of the trip. I'm hopeful that the medicine I just took will head it off before it becomes a full blown migraine... because those suck.

Comments

  1. We LOVE the Hurricane and Saint George area but we couldn’t get into a house there. Also there was not much to choose from as far as eating establishments. I’m pretty sure I know where you got steaks from! Exciting. I wish I was there in UT with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 009 - Camping in Crescent City

Day 012 - Redding to Reno