Day 017 - The Sabbath

I'm taking today to rest... for the most part. We did go to church this morning. I need to take the sacrament and remember. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is a worldwide church. I love that I can go anywhere in the world and it is the same. There are wards, which are geographical areas that meet together... you attend the meetings with the people that live in the same area as you. In areas where the membership in the church is greater the geographical area for each ward is smaller. Here in southern Utah there is a high density of members... so the geographical area for each ward tends to be rather small... like one neighborhood. Today the ward we visited must have been a 55+ neighborhood. Cooper was really puzzled and wondered where the other kids were. There were none, but it was all good. We sang, we listened to the talks, we had the sacrament, and then we left. We had to get some batteries. Yesterday my car didn't recognize that my key was in the car right away and this morning it was being weird about locking. Once upon a time my key battery died and I couldn't start it. I do NOT want that to happen while we are on the road. The kids swam in the pool again. They fought a little. They got ice and we made smoothies. Cooper washed his shoes (they were SOOOO stinky!) and now we are just relaxing. It's good to not have to do anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 009 - Camping in Crescent City

Day 012 - Redding to Reno

Day 015 - Toponah to Hurricane